Sunday, January 15, 2012

Menu Plan Week of January 16th


idof-3I spent the weekend visiting family and friends in Milwaukee.  I had two six hour drives to burn through on my own so I took advantage and borrowed the book on CD entitled "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollen.  I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone interested in how the Western diet has evolved during the past century and some of the staggering statistics around how the Western diet correlates to so many of our modern diseases and disorders.  Finally, Pollen gives his readers many wonderful suggestions to implement a whole food approach to eating into our lives.  Borrow the book on CD or the book itself from your library, I guarantee that you will learn so much!

With that said, here is my whole foods centered menu plan!!  (We'll be out of town next weekend, so my menu plan is a bit short this week).

Monday:  Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (without the cream base this time)

Tuesday:  Spaghetti with Lemon Basil and Salmon (sub brown rice noodles)

Wednesday:  Quinoa Burgers with spinach salad and cauliflower poppers

Thursday: Black Bean Sweet Potato Quesadillas

Friday: Out of town

Saturday:  Out of town

Sunday:  Out to dinner (our standard, Chipotle) :)

Check out orgjunkie's blog (Menu Plan Monday) for more menu plan inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment