Sunday, February 6, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week of February 7th

I am writing this post prior to the big Super Bowl tonight - GO PACK!  :)  This will be a fun week for us - we are headed to Des Moines to visit my sister and her husband and meet the rest of my fam from Milwaukee there for a weekend "reunion"!  So, a lighter grocery shopping week and dinner planning week, too!  I have a couple of great recipes to share with you despite this!  For more menu planning inspiration, check out Orgjunkie's blog.

In honor of Super Bowl Sunday, I found this great appetizer recipe that I want to share with you!  I am not making it for the game today, but these Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls will definitely be on my menu next time we have company!  It is a sophisticated version of spinach dip that would be great for entertaining!

Finally, with Valentines Day approaching, check out this link to one of my favorite recipe sites for more sophisticated cooking!  Start here for some inspiration if you are cooking at home this year!

Please feel free to share your comments and suggestions below this post or email me anytime!

Monday:  Pasta with spinach and red sauce; easy turkey meatballs ( add the following ingredients to 1 lb ground turkey:  1/3 cup gluten free bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper)
tip:  prepare meatballs the night before, cover with plastic wrap on the baking sheet, bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes or until cooked through

Tuesday:  Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin with roasted fingerling potatoes and green beans
tip: clean/trim beans and clean potatoes the night before; prepare crock pot the night before (I have used this recipe before and by marinating overnight it turns out even better!)  I also add a little extra chicken or vegetable stock to the crock when I plug it in because I cook it from 7 am until I get home at 5:30 or so)

Wednesday:  Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes*, salad
*I sub in skin-on chicken breasts; organic grape tomatoes on sale at Rainbow this week!
tip:  this is a great weeknight meal - you can throw it together in 10 minutes while the over pre-heats!

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday/Saturday:  Out of town

Sunday:  Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment