Saturday, January 8, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing - Join Me!

I recently ran across an awesome blogger from Canada named Laura.  Her blog is called "I'm an Organizing Junkie" and she covers all things related to organization (of course).  She also has a little shop connected to her site where she sells some great organization products (I already ordered and received the fridge file - love it!).  Being the Type A planning and organizing kind of gal that I am, but also not having the time to be as organized as I used to be now that I have a one year old running around, this site offered motivation to re-focus my efforts in 2011!  There is a bit of clutter that has built up in my house - remnants from finishing our basement and just from being generally way too busy to even think about it.  But this is my year to take back some control!

What I love about Laura and her blog is that she keeps things simple.  One example is her new 52 weeks of Organizing concept - she created a document that you can use to jot down one thing each week that you can do to put you and your home into a more organized state!  By tackling one small task at a time, it doesn't seem so daunting.

As for Week 1, I tackled a desk that is still sitting in our guest bedroom (we had a makeshift office there until our basement was completed) - it had piles of stuff sitting on it.  I purged most of the papers and junk and put the rest in its rightful place in our house.  We plan to take the desk to Goodwill today!  I feel SO good about completed this one little task (which literally took me a half hour to complete!)  I will continue to highlight some of my organizing successes here.  I'd love to hear about some of your projects and what you think of Laura's blog!!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Laura's place and also participating in the 52 week challenge. Fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great to start small and maintain...that is my plan when I start in another week!

    ReplyDelete