- The device syncs your data wirelessly - you just have to come within a few feet of the base that is plugged into your computer!
- You can log specific activity separate from your normal daily activity (workouts, sleep, etc.)
- The fitbit tracks steps, distance and calories burned
- There is a fitbit community on their site that includes groups and forum to motivate you towards your goals.
- In addition to the activity that the fitbit logs for you, you can also journal food consumed, your weight, etc. for more accurate information.
- There is a Premium paid subscription that allows you to connect with friends to "compete" or meet goals together, in addition to ranking you against the general user base.
At $99, the fitbit is a pricey pedometer. However, if you are looking to meet new goals or overcome a fitness plateau, this defintely goes beyond a traditional pedometer by helping you set goals beyond steps per day. If you have further questions about the product, feel free to email me!