Sunday, January 8, 2012

Menu Plan Week of 1/9

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  As some of you may have seen via my Facebook post at Just One Bite, I received an Excalibur Dehydrator for Christmas and could not be more excited about all of the possibilities!  I dried some fruit late this week (pineapple and banana) and it turned out wonderful.  What I am most excited about are all of the allergy-friendly foods I can make for my little guy that will also be delicious and nourishing for my husband and I.  I plan to make this recipe for energy bars in the next week or two - this one can be made without a dehydrator as well so check it out either way!  I will keep you updated as I try new dehydrator recipes in the coming months!

Here is my menu plan for this week:

Monday:  Pasta bake (I'll use homemade marinara from the freezer, spinach, brown rice noodles and crumbled Italian sausage with a little freshly grated Parmesan melted over it) with salad
Tip:  Make ahead and pop it in the oven when you return home!

Tuesday:  Pot Roast (grass fed beef roast... yum!) with a side of roasted broccoli
Tip:  Brown the meat the night before, dump all ingredients in the pot except for potatoes and broth (save those for the morning).  Plug the pot in and add potatoes and broth before heading out the door!)

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna with a salad (I will use about half the cheese that this calls for, no tomatoes and corn tortillas)
Tip:  You can prep this the night before, the tortillas will probably be a little soggy but they end up getting really soft in the crock pot anyway so shouldn't make a big difference.

Thursday:  Leftovers from Wednesday (I'll freeze Tuesday's leftovers for another meal)

Friday:  Out of town

Saturday:  Out of town

Sunday:  Grass fed beef burgers with roasted root vegetables (check out great recipes herehere and here) and salad

2 comments:

  1. Christina, did you by chance get the weekend roast special at Whole Foods? I'm making pot roast Tuesday night as well! Indian style, in the crock pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how the energy bars turn out! I'm glad you're enjoying the dehydrator. I only have to wait another 2 1/2 months for mine! :)

    ReplyDelete