Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu Plan Week of 5/21

Yet another week went by without a menu plan post!  This moving thing is putting a cramp in my style! :)  I am hoping to be back on track beginning this week!

Before I share my menu plan, I want to share a quick chick pea salad that I whipped up this weekend to go with grilled brats.  This is fantastic leftover - the longer the chick peas marinate, the better.  I love to scoop this bean salad over spinach or mixed greens for lunch the next day (or even the day after that)! 

Here is the recipe.... (no picture, unfortunately - completely forgot to take one!  I will be making this again so I'll add a picture when I do).

Summer Bean Salad

Dressing:
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. raw honey
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt (I use Real Salt)
pinch of ground black pepper

Whisk all ingredients together until he dressing is emulsified.  Taste test of flavor balance.  (I added a little more honey for balance, but this is up to your taste!)

Salad:
1 can or 1.5 cups chick peas (drain and rinse if using canned)!
1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (I used organic jarred for convenience)
Fresh basil, chopped

Add salad ingredients to the dressing and toss to combine.  Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.  I recommend a double batch! :)


My menu plan for this week:

Monday:  Italian Bean Soup with GF/DF/EF corn bread (I am trying Giada DeLaurentis' new boxed soup mix from Target - I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are no additives, just beans, herbs and spices!  Great for a quick and easy dinner, ready in 30 minutes)

Tuesday:  Honey Lime Baked Chicken Taquitos with a salad

Wednesday: Oatmeal Bake

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Pizza night (I may make these roasted vegetable calzones for the hubby and I - to make it simple I will use Trader Joe's pizza dough, although it would be fun to make my own sometime!)

Saturday:  Grilled steak and farmers market veggies (can't wait to get to Mill City Farmer's Market for the first time this season!!!)

Sunday:  Turkey Burgers (new recipe posted via Just One Bite this week - YUM!) with salad and grilled potatoes



1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back Christina! I hope the moving is going well. Thank you for the delicious recipes.

    ReplyDelete