Saturday, May 5, 2012

Menu Plan Week of 5/7

We are moved into our new home (finally!!) and although still unpacking boxes, we feel more and more settled every day.  I am SO excited about my beautiful new kitchen - lots of cabinet space and counter space compared to my last kitchen.  Since I spend a LOT of time there, it makes such a difference each day for me!

I plan to give these allergy-free breakfast cookies a try this week.  I cannot give any credit because I found this recipe via Pinterest and it doesn't link back to a blog, so I apologize for that.  I have to share it with you!  Try to find organic dried cranberries that are sweetened with something other than sugar (and let me know where you find them!  I have yet to do so!)

Breakfast Cookie: no flour, no sugar, no dairy added. Ingredients: 1.5 cups of oats, 2-3 super ripened bananas, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, handful of craisins, cinnamon to taste. Mix, throw on a baking sheet @ 350 for 35 minutes.        
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'll let you know how they turn out!
 
 
Here is my menu plan for this week:
 
Monday:  I am out, so the boys will wing it. :)
 
Tuesday:  Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken served over rice      
Tip:  Prep the slow cooker the night before!
 
Wednesday:  Meatloaf, smashed Yukon gold potatoes (here is one recipe that looks delicious - you can just use coconut milk and butter/ghee - skip the sour cream) and green beans
Tip:  Make the meatloaf the night before - I will split this into two loaves and cook both of them, then slice and freeze one for another quick meal!
 
Thursday:  Slow Cooker Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna (I use half the cheese called for)
Tip:  Prep the slow cooker the night before.  I was nervous when I did this the first time (worried about soggy tortillas) but it worked great.  I use Food For Life sprouted corn tortillas for this recipe. 
 
Friday:  Leftovers
 
Saturday:  Chicken or Steak on the grill with asparagus and pasta (toss brown rice noodles with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, a few lemon squeezes and add some grape tomatoes to it - YUM!)
 
Sunday:  Happy Mothers Day! (hoping I don't have to cook!) :)                       

No comments:

Post a Comment