Sunday, July 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday Week of 7/11/11

This will be a busy week for my family, as we leave for the Milwaukee area for a week-long vacation on Friday!  Traveling always brings a little bit of additional anxiety for those of us Moms that have kids with food intolerances and allergies.  It is all about PLANNING!  I make a list of things to pack in a cooler for my little guy that are car-friendly.  Some great ideas include cubed summer sausage (we love Thousand Hills - local, grass fed beef) and frozen peas in a travel container, frozen grapes, dried apple chips (I can get a box of individual packs of these at Costco), lunch meat roll ups with a little hummus spread in the middle to "seal" the roll-up, and allergy-free breakfast bars (we like Glutino bars for a special treat).

I will be working a couple of days this week, so I am planning my menus based on that.  Quick, easy and crock pot whenever necessary!

Monday:  Crock pot pork tenderloin or chops (yes, I pushed these back yet again so that we could have burgers on the grill on Sunday - I'll blame our busy summer schedule for this!) :) with carrots and rice

Tuesday:  French Chicken (from my Cooking Traditional Foods Menu Mailer) with polenta and green beans
**TIP:  Prep the polenta in an 8x8 baking pan the night before.  We use Bob's Red Mill polenta.

Wednesday:  Breakfast for dinner - Baked Oatmeal (dairy and egg free using coconut milk, ghee and egg replacer)
***TIP:  You can prep this up through the milk mixture and finish making it before baking.  Or bake completely the night before, I am positive it would be just as good re-warmed!

Thursday:  Whatever is in the pantry/fridge and/or leftovers

Friday - Vacation!

Check out Orgjunkie's blog for more menu planning inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment