Sunday, July 24, 2011

Menu Plan Week of July 25th

We are back from a wonderful week-long vacation with my family.  Returning from vacation always poses a challenge, especially when we cannot just run out and grab a take and bake pizza (or something along those lines) for a quick dinner.  I ran to the store and picked up chicken tenders (quick cooking) and quickly marinated them in olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and threw them on the grill.  As a side dish, I boiled some rice noodles and tossed them with butter, defrosted frozen peas and fresh basil from my garden for my husband and I.  My little guy had peas and noodles tossed with olive oil.  All done in about 20 minutes!  If you put your mind to it, a quick and healthy meal is not as intimidating as you would think.

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine and putting some delicious, quick and easy meals on the table! 

Monday:  Crock pot beef roast (add spices of choice and canned, diced tomatoes to the pot, 8 hours on low) with rice and zucchini ribbons (use veggies peel to make ribbons of zucchini, boil for a couple minutes, drain and toss with butter or oil of choice)
tip:  prepare crock pot the night before!

Tuesday:  Crock Pot Summer Fruited Chicken (from my traditional foods menu planner) with green beans and rice

Wednesday:  Leftovers from Monday

Thursday:  Pasta, White Beans and Prosciutto (by Mark Bittman via Parents' Magazine - awesome recipe!)
tip: chop cabbage, onion, garlic and prosciutto the night before.  Cook noodles the night before as well, if desired)

Friday:  Vegetarian Quesadillas with fixings (salsa, guac) and black beans 
tip:  dairy free - I spread guac between two corn tortillas and fry it up - my little guy loves it this way, dipped in salsa!

Saturday:  Grill out - turkey burgers and farmer's market veggies

Sunday:  Whole Roasted Chicken with farmer's market veggies (This slow cooker recipe works well!)

I will also be making a, dairy free version of these pops this week with the awesome silicone push pop holders features in the pops recipe from Amazon (see this link).  A cheaper, healthier version of go-gurt!

See Orgjunkie's blog on Monday for tons of menu planning inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment