Sunday, October 30, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 10/31

Happy Halloween!  I hope everyone is enjoyed another beautiful weekend here in the Twin Cities (Saturday, at least!)  Our two year old has really embraced Halloween this year - he loves to wear his tiger costume and to get into the role (his "roar" has come a long way in the past week! haha)  I posted last week about some of the challenges that Halloween can bring for families of kids with allergies - check that out for last-minute trick or treating purchases!

I feel like I am in a groove when it comes to cooking lately.  Whenever I have a few weeks in a row without being out of town, I find that I have time to stock my freezer with lots of beans, baked goods, leftovers, etc. to make it easier to cook throughout the week.

Here is our menu for this coming week!

Monday: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  Sweet Potato Chili with cornbread muffins (I am going to try to find this mix at the store - tough to bake completely from scratch on a Monday, this is definitely the next best thing!)
Tip:  Pre-mix all ingredients in the crock pot except the sweet potatoes (peel and cube in the morning!)

Tuesday:  Turkey Spinach Burgers (scroll down to find the recipe - these look delicious!  I'll sub in Egg Replacer and coconut oil) with Cranberry Pumpkin Ketchup (I am working on the recipe for this now!  Stay tuned!) with Kale Chips and Green Beans
Tip:  Prepare burgers the night before and stick them in the fridge (raw) and cook when ready.  Double this recipe and freeze four burgers (raw) for future use!
Wednesday:  Crock Pot Autumn Sausage Casserole with side of veggies (this is a new recipe for me, looks easy and delicious!)
Tip:  Prepare rice ahead of time (you can even freeze rice after cooking for a really quick side dish of any kind) and brown sausage the night before.
Thursday:  Pizza with salad

Friday:  Mexican Quinoa Quesadillas with the fixings (guacamole, salsa, black beans)
Tip:  Prepare a big batch of quinoa and freeze in two cup portions for use in recipes like this one.

Saturday:  Grass fed beef steaks on the grill with Twice Baked Cauliflower (also a new recipe!) and salad  (I'll use Earth Balance Coconut Spread in place of the shortening!)

Sunday:  Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Squash (a new favorite!)

For more menu planning information, visit www.orgjunkie.com/blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment