Thursday, December 1, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 12/5

It is hard to believe we are into December already.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love it even more now that we have a two year old in the house.  It is so fun to start new holiday traditions!  He "gets it" this year - he loves Christmas music, the ornaments on the tree and we have even started talking about the religious aspect to the holidays as well.  He loves birthdays so the fact that we are counting down to "Jesus' birthday!!!" is especially exciting for him.  I believe we will have to have a birthday cake, or he will be thoroughly confused. :)  That being said, I hope to add a couple of holiday recipes to the blog in the coming weeks.  I still owe all of you an allergy-friendly recipe re-do of Tater Tot Hot Dish (something I did not know existed before I began dating my husband).

I will be headed to Des Moines this coming weekend to visit my sister, her husband and their newborn baby son!  I plan to bring my crock pot (I'll need mine and theirs!) and will be cooking nourishing foods for them all weekend long.  I know so much more now about how critical these foods are, especially for a new mommy who is breast feeding her baby!  Lots of good essential fats and homemade snacks, veggies, fruits, oatmeal, etc.  And of course there will be lots of snuggle time with my new nephew!

Here is my menu for this week.
Monday:  Shredded Chicken Quesadillas with fixings, Kale Chips

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker turkey breast with green beans and Quinoa Cranberry Pilaf (no nuts)
Tip:  Prep the turkey in the slow cooker the night before.  You can make the quinoa recipe even easier by tossing some lemon juice and dried fruit/nuts to the quinoa after cooking it, no need to saute the veggies, etc. if you don't have time!)

Wednesday:  Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with roasted broccoli (thanks to Taiha Wagner at Just One Bite for the recipe suggestion!

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Off to Des Moines
My plan includes: 
Crock Pot Autumn Sausage Casserole 
Whole chicken (with veggie sides)
Mini Meat Loaves (multiple recipes, see my recipe link)
Steel Cut Oatmeal in the Crock Pot
Other homemade snack(s)


No comments:

Post a Comment