Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Menu Plan Week of January 2nd

Happy New Year!  While some may be suffering from the "holiday blues," I like to think of the positives that a new year brings - reflect on the year gone by and focus on the renewal of good habits.  I am not a huge fan of specific new year's resolutions, although I do always have a few goals in the back of my mind.  Rather than resolutions, I consider my goals to be refreshers, or a way to recharge the good habits that I feel I have formed over time but don't always stick to during the busy holiday season.  I think that this takes the pressure off of the whole concept of a new year's resolution, which makes success feel more doable.  Take some pressure off of yourself and try to do a few things every week or one thing every day to refresh your good habits while implementing new habits over time. 

Healthy eating is always a huge focus for the new year, and I would love to help refresh your healthy eating habits by posting some recipe makeovers right here on my blog.  Have you recently learned that you or someone in your family has a food allergy?  Are you looking to make your kids' favorite meals more nutritious?  Email me or comment below with a recipe that you would like to see changes to in order to meet your families health goals or dietary needs.  I would love to feature it right here.  Please put "Recipe Makeover" in the subject line and specify what changes you would like to see based on your needs.

Here is my menu plan for this week:

Monday:  Rose Bowl - GO BADGERS! :)  Pulled pork sandwiches (new recipe!  Sub in rapadura aka Whole Cane Sugar for brown sugar, if possible) with Roasted Broccoli (I will use plain lemon juice and coconut oil).

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Cauliflower Poppers (I will drizzle with coconut oil before baking) and a side salad
Tip:  Cook and carve the chicken on Sunday or Monday (if you are off on Monday) - you can stretch the meat over multiple meals throughout the week!

Wednesday:  Mexican quinoa (scoop quinoa onto a bed of greens, dressed lightly with oil and lemon) with Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (use coconut oil!), salsa and guacamole

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Turkey Salad (wrap/pita pocket optional) with kale chips and raw veggies

Saturday:  Out

Sunday:  Mark Bittman's Autumn Millet Bake with a side of green beans


No comments:

Post a Comment