Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday Week of 8/22

Happy Monday!  After a very relaxing weekend, we have just a few more days before we head back to Milwaukee for a long weekend!  There is always a fine line when it comes to grocery shopping during weeks like these - making sure we have enough food to get us through but that nothing goes to waste!  Planning is obviously key to this!  (And to avoid any or all take-out meals, which are not really an option for us anyway!)

I also want to provide you with the link to this amazing baked oatmeal recipe (via Just One Bite) that I have made twice and my family cannot get enough of it!  As it says in the recipe, it is worth doubling the recipe.  It is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! :)  Here is the link.  To make this allergy friendly, I sub in Ener-G egg replacer, plain coconut milk for milk and coconut oil for the butter.  I do not add any nuts (but it would be SO good to make it with nuts - one of these days I'll make two separate batches so my husband and I can try it that way!)

Last but not least, I saw this link via Fresh and Natural Foods on Facebook for a Blueberry Basil Quinoa Tabouli and I am making a batch of this for lunches this week.  YUM!

Here is our plan for the week!

Monday:  Pasta with meatballs, salad
tip:  I use two pounds of beef and bake all of the meatballs, once cooled I freeze them in a Ziploc for another no-fuss meal!

Tuesday:  Coconut Chicken Tenders (no egg, sub-in olive oil) with green beans and potato wedges
tip:  slice chicken breasts into strips the night before; mix flour, salt and pepper in a storage container and shredded coconut in another so they are ready for assembly!

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  Beans and Rice with Grassfed Beef Kielbasa, roasted veggies

Friday:  Off to Milwaukee!

For more menu inspiration, visit Orgjunkie's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment