Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 9/5

Happy end of summer, everyone!  There is something a little sad about this but when it comes to cooking and meal planning it is an exciting time.  Soon, apples, squash, pumpkin and wonderful flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves will be part of my meal planning repertoire.  Right now, all of the local fresh fruits and veggies are in season.  Soups and stews will be back on the menu, too!  For me, this is the best time of year to be in the kitchen!

This week I will make my first batch of chili (yay)!  Definitely try this recipe, I have tweaked it over time to come up with the right combo of seasonings (not very spicy so that my little guy likes it!) 

Many of us will be going back to packing lunches this fall!  Here is a great blog post from Real Kids Each Spinach with some great tips to keep you organized.  This is a blog I recently ran across - LOVE it! For more menu planning inspiration go to http://orgjunkie.com/blog.
Monday - Leftovers from our weekend BBQs!

Tuesday - Mexican quinoa with the fixings (guac, salsa, zucchini)

Wednesday - Pizza night (we are going to try dairy-free/soy-free cheese for my little guy, on top of homemade allergen-free crusts)
TIP:  Puree zucchini into the pizza sauce for great texture and flavor, and additional veggie power!
Thursday - Crock pot pork tenderloin, green beans, rice
TIP:  Prep the pork in the crock pot the night before - marinates overnight which makes it extra flavorful!  Plug in and go in the morning!

Friday - Dinner with my in-laws

Saturday - May be out?  Otherwise, winging it!

Sunday-  Chili!  (see bottom of the post linked here for the recipe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment