Sunday, November 27, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 11/28/11

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great time in Milwaukee with family and friends. I am ready to get back into the swing of things this coming week! I have some yummy recipes on the menu.

I know many who look at this blog are working with special diets in their families, or maybe you are looking to cut back on gluten, dairy, etc. for your own health benefit.  If you ever have questions about what to substitute if some of the ingredients in these recipes are on your "off limits" list, please let me know. I would love to help you! Comment here or send me an email.

In addition to my dinner plans below, I may attempt to make these zucchini pizzas this week.  Awesome, kid friendly idea.  We'll see if my little guy has interest, he's not a huge zucchini fan.  But maybe as a pizza he'll take interest..... :)

This week's menu:

Monday: Black Bean Sweet Potato Quesadillas with a spinach salad
Tip: Prep the filling the night before. While prepping the filling, make a large batch of quinoa (see Tuesday's plan) for the meatloaf and to freeze for other dishes!


Tuesday: Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf with salad
Tip: Prep quinoa in advance (I make a big batch and freeze in 1.5 cup portions) and saute all veggies and cooked quinoa the night before.

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Tater Tot Hot Dish with broccoli
My husband's most favorite childhood meal - I have promised time and time again that I would make my own version of this. So, I am making some changes tot he recipe link here. I will use Alexia Foods Sweet Potato Puffs and this condensed chicken soup recipe to make this (I have not used canned condensed soup for a very long time, see this link for a little bit of good information as to why it is no longer good for anyone to be consuming it and more information on substitutions.  In addition, my little guy cannot eat it). No fried onions, either. Maybe a little cheese sprinkled on top? Sub in 1 lb. of grass fed beef for the 1.5 lbs. it calls for.  I'll post results.
Tip: Batch cook the condensed soup and freeze for a variety of dishes! Brown hamburger the night before.

Friday: Leftovers with a big green salad

Saturday: Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Tip: This takes some time to make and assemble, a good Saturday or Sunday meal - SO delicious and great left over!

Sunday: Out

For more menu planning inspiration, check out Monday's post on Orgjunkie's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment