Saturday, November 5, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 11/7/11

Hello, all!  I hope you had a great week and that you are enjoying your weekend!  I will try to be better about mentioning my recipe highlights from the prior weeks menu plan.  Last week's menu included an incredible Autumn Sausage Casserole that I made in my slow cooker (per the recipe).  Taiha Wagner from Just One Bite (where I contribute recipes, articles, my blog links, etc.) mentioned that she made it right in a pan on the stove and it turned out wonderful.  So, you can't really go wrong!  I highly recommend that you work it into your menu plan in the coming week or two, you will see it here frequently this winter.  It is a wonderful, healthy comfort food and will make your house smell amazing.

Here's the plan for the coming week!  A few old reliables and a few brand new recipes!  I am interested to try the chicken nuggets and see what Ben thinks, as he has never had them before!

Monday:  Crock Pot Chicken Chili (allergy free, I will use garbanzo beans and shredded chicken that I froze last week after cooking a whole chicken) with side of roasted broccoli

Tuesday: Roasted Vegetables with Pasta and Bacon (I may use sweet potato in place of squash, Brown Rice Pasta)
Tip:  Reserve a couple of slices of bacon from the weekend (an excuse to make bacon on the weekend!), prep vegetables for roasting the night before and mix together in a Ziploc OR roast them the night before if needed!

Wednesday:  Breakfast for dinner - Oatmeal Bake with breakfast sausage
Tip: To make this allergy friendly, I sub in Ener-G egg replacer, plain coconut milk for milk and coconut oil for the butter. I do not add any nuts.

Thursday:  Chicken Nuggets with broccoli and sweet potato fries (if I have time, I may make the BBQ sauce that she refers to in the post!)
Tip:  Per the blog post for the chicken nugget recipe, you can cut chicken in to chunks, toss with flour mixture and stick them in the freezer.  Take them out and bake when needed!

Friday:  Slow Cooker Beef Stew (sub in GF flour if needed, I will omit potatoes... you can use fresh potatoes, they will turn out fine!) and a side of rice and green beans
Tip:  Prep crock pot the night before

Saturday:  Out

Sunday:  Crock Pot Chili (scroll down for recipe) with Kale Chips and Cornbread (thanks to a recommendation from a fellow "allergy Mom" I will be using Bob's Red Mill cornbread mix to make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment