Sunday, September 18, 2011

Menu Plan Week of 9/19/11

Fall is definitely here...  we have rainy weather with cool temperatures today.  It makes me want to tuck in with a soup or stew!  I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE fall!  It gives me the chance to get back into the kitchen and layer on the flavor and it is officially crock pot season (although if you follow this blog, you know that I am a year round crock pot fanatic!

My menu plan shifted a little bit this week.  My hubby found a BOGO deal on ahi tuna, so we will be grilled that tonight.  The little guy will eat a grilled pork chop and we will compliment it all with rice and broccolini (I found fresh organic broccolini at Costco today!  $5.79 for a huge bag!  You'll see it on my menu again later this week).  In terms of highlights from last week, the quinoa burgers turned out fantastic - extremely easy! 

Last but not least, I am SO excited to reveal some news about a new partnership that I have engaged in with a mentor of mine.  I am excited to take my passion for menu planning and for helping people elevate wellness through nutrition and food to the next level!  Stay tuned!

For more menu planning inspiration visit http://orgjunkie.com/blog.

Menu for this week:

Monday:  Oven roasted chicken with crock pot squash (sub coconut oil for butter if dairy-free) and salad

Tuesday:  Breakfast for dinner!  Quinoa pancakes, bacon and fresh fruit

Wednesday: White Chicken Chili (leftover chicken from Monday!)  with side of broccolini
I am going to give this a shot with coconut milk and coconut oil for milk/butter... we'll see how it goes.  As is, it is a really delicious recipe!
tip:  this is good leftover, so if you make it the night before, just stick the pot in the fridge after it's cooled and warm it up on Wednesday evening!

Thursday:  Winging it

Friday:  Pizza night

Saturday:  Out to dinner

Sunday:  Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Squash (don't know what "Kitchen Bouqet" is?  Assume it's just a spice blend.  I'll use sage and rosemary with salt and pepper.  Sub in coconut oil for butter if dairy free!)

1 comment: